We are always looking to provide a place for people to use their talents and gifts to glorify God. If you are interested in trying out for the worship ministry take a moment and see how to prepare.Couple things to note:
- To be on the team you must be able to make band practices at 7 p.m. (5:15 Wednesday for the Point Worship, Wednesday for Celebration, Thursday for United/Encounter) and stay the duration (usually till about 9.)
- Audition dates will be determined by how many people we have wanting to try out. We will attempt to group them as often as possible. Most likely dates and times will be before a regular practice.
- It is REQUIRED that you have internet access and can access the band blog/e-mail for scheduling and song direction regularly. E-mail reminders will not be sent.
- You must be at least 14 to try out. If you are 17 and younger, you will be trying out for the Point Worship team. All Sunday experience worship teams are 18 and older.
- More often than not you will be responsible for figuring out your parts. The worship director or leader will always help figure out parts, but do not wait until practice to ask.
- We will be listening during your audition-closely. We expect that you will learn all the parts for what you are trying out for.
How to prepare:
- Sing 1 stanza of Amazing Grace a cappella.
- Sing 1 verse and 1 chorus of a song of your choice a cappella
- Bring your bass guitar only, no amp required
- Play groove with click track at 120 bpm (provided), and play a song of choice
- Bring sticks only
- Play groove with click track at 120 bpm (provided)
- Bring your own guitar, amp, and pedal board
- Play one song that’s in the style of what we play at CFCOG (choose a song that has been performed by our worship team)
- Play one song of your choice
- No gear required, just show up, we’ll provide the keyboard
- Play one worship song in the style of what we play at CFCOG
- Play one song of your choice
Before you consider auditioning
Please prayerfully consider what this entails. This is not a band. It is not a concert. It is worship. The focus is not going to be you on stage. People will not be cheering for you. This is about God and only about Him. All glory we get goes to Him. Likewise, we want to give Him our very best. It is expected that you would practice and that you would be on time- all the things you would do for someone else (your job/an actual band.) A good rule of thumb, if your favorite band were to call you up and ask you to open for them, run sound, whatever you’re trying out for, how much work would you put into it? Does God deserve more or less?
John 4:24 – “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
We believe that worship must happen in Spirit and in truth. What does that mean? It means that to be on the worship team we must be able to spiritually connect with God. We must be able to give Him the glory while we are playing, singing, or serving and not be caught up in our own talents and desires. We must also worship in truth: our worship must be based on the understanding that the Bible is the true, living Word of God. Our knowledge of God and His character flows from His Word and gives us more than enough reasons to worship Him!
If you pass the audition process, you will be required to sign a worship team agreement. This document lets you know the expectations we hold for our volunteers. You can download and review this document here.
If you understand these concepts, please fill out the application below. We will try to get back to you within 2 days of receiving it,